You will require a Tax File Number and an Australian Bank Account to start work, plus it's a good idea to open a Superannuation Account. We don't need to know these details.


You will need a tax file number to work in Australia. Apply at any Australian Tax Office (24 Knuckey Street, Darwin - in Centrelink office), or online (www.ato.gov.au). If you have applied but not yet received your TFN you can still register with us and start working for an employer. You will need to provide that number to your employer as soon as you get it.


Open one at any Australian Bank of your choosing.


Some jobs will be eligible for Superannuation. See www.ato.gov.au/super for detailed information. It is a good idea to have one account and keep using it no matter who you work for. You can claim this money back after you leave the country.



PLEASE NOTE: Backpacker Job Centre provides an introductory service only –
we do not provide any form of wages, transport, accommodation, insurance,
work-care, or superannuation.